Structural Design: Pedram Khorram, P.Eng
Architectural Design by: Bradbury Architecture
Floor Area: 8800 SqFt
This massive luxury home is situated on a steep sloped lot above Buntzen Lake facing North East with a very stunning mountain view. The steep rocky nature of the lot required lots of rock blasting. Furthermore, irregularity in height of the foundation walls increased the complexity of the project.
- Stepped foundation up to 12’ drop over 8’ length
- 12’ high foundation wall (10” thick) on the South-West wall.
- 24’ high vaulted roof over Living Room / Kitchen area in the Main Floor
- Seismic Force Resisting System: Combination of wood shearwalls and two steel rigid frames with welded connections
- Large openings on the exterior walls
- A huge Mezzanine Floor over the attached Garage overlooking the mountain through the open space over Living Room